Official Website

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The good doctor Thomas Horowitz

Last year I managed to decapitate a mole on my shoulder in the course of some overly enthusiastic yard building.
It was worth it. I love my yard.



Here are a couple of shots of it - still a work in progress, of course.


Being one to let nature take it's course on most things, I neglected the angry mole until it got REALLY mad. Finally, a couple of weeks ago I went to see my wonderfrul GP, Dr. Thom. (If you've read my book, you know who he is.) As well as being a great doctor, and a good friend, he's one of the most vocal and active physicians in the county on behalf of Dr. Sharon Mitchel's work with AIM - also mentioned in my book. He took one look at my festering mole and said, "Let's see what's going on here." A quick biopsy and a return visit and the bad boy was carved away with no fuss or pain. When I went back to have the stitches removed last week, the HIV panic was at high tide. My great pal, Cindi Loftus, asked me if I would ask him about it, so I did. Our interview is presently posted on her news page. Take a look if you're interested.