Official Website

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

BARNES & NOBEL APPEARANCE


ALERT THE MEDIA
The Lady-writer in the floppy hat
has been invited to read from her memoir, The Devil Made Me Do It, at a Barnes & Nobel book store!!!

Next Saturday night (June 13th) The Barnes & Nobel at The Grove, Fairfax Ave. and 3rd in Los Angeles, will host a select slate of GLAWS members - Ray Bradbury and yrs trly included - at a reading/book-signing event from 7 to 9pm. How 'bout dem apples! I'm not scheduled to read until 8:45, but I'll be there from 6pm on to enjoy the other readings.

Another piece of news that should have been posted DAYS ago - mea culpa, mea culpa:
One of my favorite authors, Charles Shea LeMone did
an interview with me!

I fell in love with a
Rastafarian cab-driving detective named Solomon Priestly in Shea's smashing crime novel, Dance in the Street. When I found out my friend Jim Morris (another fine author) KNEW him, I just had to get in touch. A vigorous e-palship ensued. Next thing I know, Shea asks to do an interview with ME.
Here's a bit about him and his newest work:
Charles Shea LeMone, the author of several mystery and romance novels, grew up on “the most dangerous corner in North Philadelphia.” This novel,
Corner Pride is based on his life. He now lives on a remote mountaintop in Virginia where he writes and leads workshops on creative writing. He hopes to one day open an art center in his old neighborhood. He can be contacted at his Website: www.allwordman.com Oh. Here's the link to the interview.
What a guy.