Official Website

Sunday, November 16, 2008

And Another One Bites The Dust - Dammit


Oh, Pegleg, my PAL - Capt'n Flicks - master of the video-capture, edit, and post - Road Warrior emeritus - sage, wit - true friend to those who earned and deserved it, fierce opponent of injustice wherever you met it; you brought so much joy and enlightenment to my life. Whatever shall I do without you? There was not a subject upon which you could not offer insight. And nothing was so awful you could not find some humor in it - even your own dreadful battle with the so-called medical care system. I guess you just got tired of messing with it. I can understand that. But, oh, I shall miss you so much.

Gene Hansen, known on the web as Capt'n Flix, was known to me, and a host of his pals, as Pegleg. He chose this nickname because of his injured leg that caused him constant pain. I met him on MySpace. He collected the "G-rated" clips of my flims and put together a YouTube page for me. He also compiled them into a CD and created the packaging for it which you see in this - the most current photo of him that I have.
He asked to read my manuscript before it was a book. He like it so much, I asked him to write a short "review" for the "pitch page." He did, and I'm very proud to have it there. If you haven't seen it, you can in the book's preview - go to page 3.

I know he's now tearing down the open highways of the next coil.
And I'm sure that he and another biker buddy of mine, Mike Cirigliano, who made the leap last June 11th, have or will meet up and discover they have a mutual friend in Georgina.